During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe.
Giving You a New Perspective on Exceptional Eye Care
Top eyewear and service for Plano, Allen, Frisco, McKinney, and Carrollton, TX
Each of our eye doctors in Plano TX provides comprehensive eye exams, prescribes contact lenses and eyeglasses, and treats glaucoma, as well as other ocular diseases. We welcome the opportunity to become your eye doctors.
Dr, Deborah Moon is a Delegate with the American Board of Optometry! This is a prestigious title given to a small number of doctors of optometry who have met the rigorous criteria and passed an in-depth certification examination.
Visit our optometrists in Plano and experience eye care that will surpass your expectations. Our office, with its large selection of designer eyewear and contact lenses, is easily accessible to patients who live in Frisco, Allen, Carrollton, McKinney, Celina and Prosper TX. Practices from all over the state are looking at our practice for the latest in our cutting edge technology.
What Our Clients Have To Say...
Welcome to Dr. Chamberlin - myopia control expert
What is myopia control?
Myopia is a condition of the eye, colloquially known as “Near-Sightedness”, which requires glasses to see at distance. Currently, there is a “myopia epidemic” with over 1/3rd of patients in the US diagnosed with myopia. As myopia increases, the risk of future eye conditions, such as retinal holes and detachments, glaucoma, and macular degeneration, increases. Certain factors increase a patient’s risk for myopia and progression, such as age of myopia onset, race, parental myopia, time spent outdoors, and time spent doing near work.
Single vision glasses and contact lenses are typically prescribed for patients with myopia. While there is no way to “cure” myopia, there are proven methods to reduce the progression of myopia. These include soft multifocal contact lenses, known as Myopia Control. Studies have shown these methods can reduce progression by at least 50%.
If your child is between the ages of five and fourteen, they may qualify for Myopia Control. The younger a patient receives this treatment, the better the outcome. Dr. Chamberlin is a specialist in this area, who can tailor a treatment plan to fit you and your child’s needs. Every patient is screened for myopia and myopia progression at their annual exam here at Lakeside Vision. Call us at 972-985-3638 or go online to schedule an appointment!
Whether you’re in Plano, Frisco, Allen, Carrollton, or McKinney, Texas, our medical eye care, vision and optical specialists are here to serve you:
- Google Maps and directions to your next appointment at Lakeside Vision, Plano
- Request an appointment for a medical eye exam with Dr. Deborah Moon, Therapeutic Optometrist, and Optometric Glaucoma Specialist online.
- Provide feedback about your visit with your eye doctor or optician
- Email a Doctor or Staff Member of Lakeside Vision and Optical
- We specialize in fitting all types of Contact Lenses, and carry a large selection of Contacts lenses at our Plano office.
- Looking for eye glasses in Plano? Our boutique showcases a large selection of designer frames
- Be educated about your vision through our Vision Library articles about eye conditions, diseases and optometric treatments.
- Contact our office to confirm your eligibility with the medical and vision insurance plans we accept.
- Our convenient location in Plano serves Frisco, Allen, Carrollton, and McKinney.
Dr. Deborah Moon is Board Certified by the American Board of Optometry and is a Therapeutic Optometrist and Optometric Glaucoma Specialist at Lakeside Vision & Optical in Plano. Our patients have trusted us to deliver superior quality eye care for over 18 years.